Sunday, March 7, 2021

Chapter 57. teddy again - Sick Sacraments

 57. teddy again


Stephanie: I couldn’t believe it. The junk that is shown nowadays in  

galleries. Can you imagine showing your living room as an art piece.  

I mean, get real. And this is supposed to represent current culture.  

I’ll have nothing to do with it. It’s no wonder he left town, no one  

could understand what he was doing anyway.


Lisa: I was talking to a woman who was telling me all about her  

addiction to Lithoren, Tetratal, Demerol and Xanex. How sometimes she  

couldn’t get enough. How she always lied to doctors to get more  

medication. I told her about how I was hit by a Galaxy and about my  

years of therapy. We had a lot in common. We bonded because we’re  

both handicapped, somehow.


Pierre: I had just come from the convention center where my company  

was showing its latest acquisitions, Californian Champagne and angel  

hair fettuccine, at the exotic food fair. We donated the wine for the  

opening.


Teddy: Pete, so you got to view your personal life displayed in the  

gallery for all to see. The collages of you naked, the T-shirts with  

your dear-john-letter written on them in various languages.


Pete: I am not a man prone to fits of violence but I wanted to rip  

those nude pictures down and beat him on the head with that yellow  

dildo. Sometimes he goes too far. This time he went too far.


Teddy: Are you an artist, Lisa?


Lisa: Not really. People call me an artist for lack of a better  

description. The whole Art Angles thing was just a way to raise  

consciousness. If service to the community is art, then I guess I’m  

an artist. I’m in Sacramento to start a commune. I am a child of GoGo.


Tom: Well, I am an artist. The art world today is about who you know,  

like in every profession, except ten times worse. There are no  

scruples about licking butt, sucking up or having sex to get you  

where you want to be, because you can make art out of it. Life is art.


Billy: I beg to differ. Look at my father. Tax evasion, terrorism,  

and a sex scandal. The religious world is just as bad, except you  

don’t disguise it as a critique, you disguise it in moral tones. At  

least in the art world you can exploit these topics. Art is life.


Teddy: Do you feel you were an abused child?


Billy: I felt that I was. Now that my father is in prison, I am able  

to breathe again without fearing the wrath of god, and I can have sex  

whenever I want.


Pierre: I had a perfectly normal childhood. That’s why I am so  

successful today. Our company caters to people who want to buy into  

the good life any way they can, even with their food products.  

Everything has to have a label.


Teddy: So what happened next?


Pierre: I was looking at the light bulb on the computer and was  

thinking that it would be a good logo for a company. But then I  

thought it’s not good to mess with the esoteric. People get strange  

ideas, like we have sold out to the devil.


Stephanie: I was glad that someone was protesting. I don’t agree with  

him at all. I did get scared when the preacher guy picked up the  

Madonna statue and threw it on the art work, if that’s what you call  

it. I almost wish I’d done the same.


Pierre: What was that all about? I was at the buffet table when it  

happened.


Teddy: So, you were on the outside looking in?


Pete: Yeah. When the whole ruckus started. It was kind of fun until  

the bible thumpers got all riled up and violent. It all started when  

one of the singers jumped off the wagon. I guess they thought she was  

being attacked.


Stephanie: I saw it too. I watched as the preacher punched this 

woman in the face. She was really going at it, flaunting herself, showing  

her lace panties. She deserved what she got.


Lisa: Only sick people like you think really sick people should get  

punched in the face. You’d probably like to round them all up and  

shoot them.


Stephanie: As a matter of fact, yeah. Especially in her case. The  

amount of crap that goes for art nowadays.


Teddy: So you were beaten as a child, weren’t you?


Billy: He was a strict father. I remember being beaten once for  

making the sign of the cross backwards. I never did that again.


Teddy: What ever possessed you to start such a campaign?


Lisa: I was frustrated at not having my voice heard. It sure caused a  

ripple with the art folk, naming themselves Art Work, Art Crowd.


Teddy: How did you get to where it was happening?


Lisa: I met my cousin Sally downtown to see my niece Crystal do her  

choir thing with that reverend guy. Sally and I were there to  

protest. It’s hard to understand why she got messed up with such a  

thing. But then again, she did help cause the church’s implosion.  

Didn’t she, Billy Bob?


Teddy: You saw it too?


Tom: It was like spontaneous combustion. The whole crowd erupted into  

a riot. Art, looting, sex and violence, virtual and reality. Real  

time. I had never seen anything like it. You couldn’t of asked for  

better publicity.


Teddy: How did you get through?


Pete: I left before the statue got tossed. I saw it coming and I  

didn’t want to get involved. I didn’t really want to come to his  

show, but I felt that I had to save face. I wanted them to know whose  

ass was photographed and on the wall. That’s why he nicknamed me Peach.


Pierre: I didn’t fare so well. It seemed that everyone was taking  

sides, then switching them. After someone pushed me into the buffet table, 

I just fought for my life. When I got outside, the punks pushed me  back in.


Teddy: So who really started it?


Lisa: Personally, I think it all started when three members of my  

family found out that they had an affair with the same guy. They were  

like the three sparks that caused the chain reaction. As soon as they  

started acting up, everyone wanted to join in and express themselves.  

I guess there was a lot of anal aggression that had to be released.


Tom: It felt good letting it out.


Teddy: I bet you were screaming the loudest.


Stephanie: No, S I was.


Teddy: So, S what have you been doing since?


Pete: I work for the state. I am on permanent vacation.


Billy: I’ve had seasonal jobs, pool cleaning, working as a Santa. It  

has its ups and downs. I meet pretty girls. On the other hand, I got  

to protect myself from muggers. Luckily I know self-defense. It saved  

me one time when I was collecting money for charity.


Pierre: Pretty much the same. Conventions, acquisitions, outsourcing, 

and preparations for the next Young Millionaires convention in Fairfield.


Tom: Installing my work at the library. Getting to know the right  

people. Working my way to the top. I’ve got this big ego that  

constantly needs to be fed.


Stephanie: Taking an advanced EST course, where I get to tie the knots.


Lisa: Starting my own religion.


Teddy: What is art? We’ll be debating this topic with my guests in  

just a minute. So, stay tuned. We’ll be back.





No comments:

Post a Comment