Thursday, March 11, 2021

Chapter 35. rickie or winnie - Sick Sacraments

 35. rickie or winnie


Rickie: I am talking with a few strong women who have proven their  

strengths in various ways. Norma, I saw your picture the other day in  

the Sacramento Bee. How does it feel to be asked about world politics  

as if you knew something about it?


Norma: Funny you should ask. Just the other day, a journalist asked  

me about the middle-east conflict and I told them racism has always  

been a problem there. I only found out later that he was talking  

about a foreign country.


Gogo: I get asked all the time about the Olympics. I still think it  

is a fascist organization. I started a commune, changed my name to  

Gogo and retreated from the world. You have to be really subtle when  

you’re working within the system to change it.


Edith: I have always been the one who cracks the whip. I had a  

husband and triplets for eighteen years. Then one day, everything  

changed. My husband went to prison and the triplets left home. Now  

I’m alone and I have to be strong.


Avon: I worked in a place that served nothing but junk food. I mean  

look at me. I am suing the company for my obesity. If I hadn’t worked  

there, I wouldn’t be this fat.


Vivian: My clients tell me everything. From weather reporters to  

bored housewives, they all tell me the most intimate things.


Rickie: Like what?


Vivian: I know if their husbands perform in bed, their emotional  

problems, if they’re seeing others on the side, if their children are  

drug addicts or successful in what they’re doing. It’s all strictly  

confidential. That’s why they keep on coming back.


Gogo: We’re not radical. We all stem from one mother, the exploding  

pussy theory. We grow organically and are part of a collective common  

consciousness. You just have to know where to take yourself.


Winnie: Dolly, you have dealt with many current social topics. What’s  

been the most interesting?


Dolly: Well, the whole incident about the toilet paper was an  

interesting social commentary. The fact that so many people wrote in  

with an opinion is a barometer of popular thinking. Then, there are  

these teenage questions that are never ending. When will parents  

finally take responsibility and teach sex education at home! I’m  

tired of bubble-headed questions about genitalia.


Rickie: Jeanie, you went to prison for your convictions.


Jeanie: I almost went to prison. Instead, the company and I settled  

out of court. I didn’t realize soon enough that young people had  

stopped wanting to be enslaved. That’s when I was arrested.


Rickie: Okay. Let me ask you for your thoughts on revolution. Norma,  

how would you change the world?


Norma: If you really want to know, better health care. That would  

probably bring about the most change.


Dolly: I’d get rid of the military. Get rid off those bastards. Bomb  

them all. Let them die in their own war machinery.


Edith: Free education. Home schooling where the teachers get paid.  

That’s where I went wrong. I should of kept them out of those public  

schools. It was there that the triplets got those fanciful ideas.


Avon: The right to do something useful instead of some stupid work  

like me, working for a sleazy dive for years and all I got out of it  

was an excess amount of calories and a bunch of nicknames.


Jeanie: Ban institutionalized religion. Everyone should be able to  

organize their own spirituality any way they want. Like me, I am the  

new age. That’s why I continue to bounce back.


Winnie: Gogo?


Gogo: Stop using toilet paper.


Rickie: How about you? I see you’re still thinking, Vivian.


Vivian: I definitely would cover cosmetic surgery in the health care  

system, and I would legalize recreational drugs.


Rickie: So what you’re saying is that people have the right to be  

beautiful and smoke pot or snort coke.


Vivian: Why not, they’re the ones who sell it.


Winnie: What was your most embarrassing experience in the last twelve  

months? Let me start with you, Jeanie.


Jeanie: I practically killed my assistant when we did an advanced  

Egbert Seminar Training in Mill Valley. I didn’t tie the rope  

correctly and she fell off the cliff. God, I felt so embarrassed.


Norma: When I tripped and fell on the stage at a gala where I was  

performing. I was singing my heart out and didn’t see the prop that  

they had rolled out on stage. Funny, I guess the public thought it  

was part of the show because no one mentioned it to me afterwards.


Avon: The time when I saw myself in a Fotoroid snapshot at an art  

gallery. It’s not easy facing up to reality. I might be a strong  

person up-front but I am really quite insecure. That’s why I eat.  

It’s like that, okay!


Edith: When the truth came out about our sexual practices. I didn’t  

know they would bring that up in court. He had to explain the welts  

on his back. Our last session was pretty deep. I guess he knew that  

the end was near and felt he had to be punished extra.


Rickie: How about you Dolly?


Dolly: It’s not something I’d like to divulge. I might lose  

credibility with my readers. I guess though, that it would have to be  

the time when I slipped on the sidewalk and landed in a pile of  

leaves. I was so embarrassed. I got up and proceeded on my way as if  

nothing had happened. The funny thing was, I had just seen someone  

crash into a plastic highway cone on his bike. He probably had the  

last laugh.


Vivian: Do I have to answer? I tend to block such things out of my  

mind. Let me think for a bit.


Winnie: Gogo?


Gogo: A bum caught me on the street at a bad moment when I had almost no money. I gave him a penny that a squirrel had given me. He ate it  

as if to mock me. I felt so bad that I didn’t have anything else.


Winnie: Before we have to take a break, let me ask you. You’ve got a  

month to live. In one word, what would you do?


Edith: Pray.


Vivian: Shop.


Avon: Eat.


Jeanie: Have sex.


Rickie: That’s two words. You mean, fornicate.


Jeanie: Yeah. It’s just that fornicate sounds so rude.


Norma: Sing.


Dolly: Write.


Rickie: Back in a sec.


Gogo: Dance.





No comments:

Post a Comment